Monday, March 21, 2011

The Back of My Planner

My grandparents gave me a Franklin planner for high school graduation. I carried it for the next thirteen years, primarily for one section: my poetry.

I don't mean poetry as what I've written, although there is some of that. But as I encountered poems and quotes that I loved, I wrote them down in the back section. The back of my planner is a record of my intellectual life, a close reading of what struck me as important and when. I finally set aside my planner when I got a BlackBerry, but I still miss my poetry section. Back before I could surf the Washington Post when things got slow in Sunday School, I would read my planner's poetry again and again.

I've tried transcribing the poetry again into a file on my BlackBerry, but ephemeral technology thwarted me. Maybe I can put it here.

I won't put them all at once, or in order, but I might include my thoughts about each poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment