Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poets for the Summer

This summer will have two themes. Well, three.

1. Ninteenth-century novels. This plan will be aided greatly by my recent discovery of free books I can download to my BlackBerry.

2. Recommended by friends. These aren't many, but they will be on the list.

And best of all,

3. Poetry. Writing these entries have reminded me of how little I know about poetry and how many poets I resolve to learn more of an then don't. So this post will be pinned and I'll make a running list of poets to be on it. Robert Frost, Stephen Crane, E. E. Cummings, Dorothy Parker, and Edgar Allen Poe will not be on the list because I've read them fairly thoroughly already. The poets below I have read some of, but not enough to be able to claim a familiarity with their entire work.

Poets

Dylan Thomas
Rainer Maria Rilke
Alexander Pope
Emily Dickinson
John Donne
Langston Hughes
Edna St. Vincent Millay
A. E. Housman
T. S. Eliot
Catullus
William Wordsworth
W. B. Yeats
Emily Sailers
Marianne Moore
Dante

No comments:

Post a Comment