Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Comment on War" by Langston Hughes

Let us kill off youth
For the sake of truth.
We who are old know what truth is -
Trush is a bundle of viscious lies
Tied together and sterilized -
A war-maker's bait for unwise youth
To kill each other
For the sake of
Truth.

---Langston Hughes


Langston Hughes: not a fan of war. Neither am I. I suspect he's right about the above. Most of the deathworthy causes have...not been. Those who start the wars are no longer among those who fight them. Add in the demographics of the armed forces, and there you have why I absolutely hate that we invaded Iraq and barely tolerate that we invaded Afganistan.

I don't remember when I put this in the planner. I'd pick out a war I was thinking of, but really, all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment