Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blackboard Quotes by Bart Simpson

I will not torment the emotionally frail.
Cursive writing does not mean what I think it means.
Indian burns are not our cultural heritage.
I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty.
No one is interested in my underpants.
I am not deliciously saucy.
I will not waste chalk.
Underwear should be worn on the inside.
They are laughting at me, not with me.
I am not a 32-year-old woman.
I will not sell land in Flroida.
Bart Bucks are not legal tender.
My homework was not stoeln by a one-armed man.
Beans are neither fruit nor musical.

--Bart Simpson, The Simpsons


In the opening credits of the Simpsons, Bart writes a different saying on the blackboard every time. The quotes below were in my planner as my favorite of the bunch at the time.

Nothing profoud here, except how much I loved the Simpsons in high school and college. Since we only had one television and I have an older brother, I didn't watch TV unless the whole family wanted to watch it. Therefore, I watched none at all as a kid and as a teenager, I watched Quantum Leap, Northern Exposure, and The Simpsons faithfully. Great shows, all of them.

1 comment:

  1. Yeats And Bart together at last.

    We were all waiting.

    ReplyDelete