Monday, August 8, 2011

"If I Were" by Kermit the Frog

If I were a poet
I would write a sonnet
It would say "I love you"
Your name would be on it.

If I were a farmer
I'd give you a bunny
If I had a beehive
You would get free honey

If I were a baker
I'd give you a croller
And if I were a painter
Choose your favorite color.

If I had some diamonds
I'd give you a few
Anything to show you
How much I love you.

I guess you know my secret
I am not a poet.
Couldn't write a sonnet
And I think you know it.

I am not a farmer.
Cna't give you a bunny.
I don't have a beehive.
Sorry 'bout the honey.

I am not a baker.
don't know bread from batter.
I am not a painter,
And it doesn't matter.

I don't need a present;
All I have to do
Is look at you to show you
How much I love you.

--Kermit the Frog


Aw, Kermie! Love Kermit the Frog. I got this song on a mix tape from a guy in high school - he was asking me to the Valentine Dance. That whole thing didn't work out and was very confusing for all, but I'll be forever grateful for the introduction to this fabulous song.

No comments:

Post a Comment