Monday, May 9, 2011

A note about Apuleius and my class

One more passage of the Metamorphoses and my translation adventures with Apuleius will be over for the nonce. I do have two projects left: the paper and the take home final. I was supposed to write the paper over the weekend, but instead I spent those two days sleeping, blowing my nose, and laughing at Arrested Development. I made some notes, but that's it. So the paper is this week's project. This summer will be another topic, but I haven't decided what. Probably Catullus's poetry, in which I learn how to do meter in Latin. It's completely different than in English, and making my brain learn how will be the summer's challenge. I'll be taking my first Latin poetry class this fall and I need to know meter before it starts.

It'll be great. Catullus is the source of some of the greatest love poetry ever written.

No comments:

Post a Comment