Tuesday, April 26, 2011

MacBeth Quotes I

MacBeth has some of the most amazing one liners in literature. The play is awesome on its own, but the out-of-context quotes are fun as well. There are so many I'm going to split them up.

1. Angels are bright still, although the brightest fell. Though all things foul would wear the brows of grace, grace must still look so. 

2. Present fears are less than horrible imaginings.

3. There's no art to find the mind's construction in a face.

4. Stars, hide your fires; let not light see my dark and deep desires.

5. If chance will have me king, why, chance my crown me.




1. Those lines were spoken by MacDuff. I love them - it's a hope thing.

2. Don't be afraid.

3. Maybe for the speaker. I'm not very good at it.

4. Oh, man, I don't know how Shakespeare did it.

5. Maybe...maybe this is the moment MacBeth opened the door to the play's events. Because he didn't disavow the thought, and he didn't remain loyal to the king. He wanted the events to happen but not claim the responsibility for them, and that means he didn't take responsibility to prevent them.

No comments:

Post a Comment