Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Poetry and a Beverage" by K.P.

Blinded eyes are killing me
My heart is tight and I can't breathe
Epexegetical nightmare come true
Roman Dianas cry out for you
A slow spreading smile of sinister glee
Extrapolation means nothing to see
Parenthetically, night is thick with deep spite
And streams from a height the vissisitude light
The infusion of blood bids the watermelon bleed
It's too late...I'm too slow...he's coming for me.




In Logan, some friends I went to the Halloween poetry night at the top of the student union building. I had everyone give me a word and I would write a poem using all of them. The words were: epexegetical, Diana, sinister, extrapolation, parenthetically, vissisitude, and watermelon. I don't remember who gave "watermelon" but I remember the exclamation I gave upon hearing it. "Epexegetical" was my own word - I had just learned it and was on a kick.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, -horrible imaginings made into present fears.

    Roosevelt was right.

    ReplyDelete